Adding a new external connection¶
External connections represent physical (L1) ports in the network fabric that act as uplinks outside of the network fabric. By configuring an external connection as part of a Network Profile the VLANs/VNIs configured will be terminated on the respective external connection.
To configure an external connection:
- Go to the configuration tab of the switch you want to add and mark the device as a border device.
- Navigate to the external connections tab on the datacenter
- Click Add external connection
- Fill in a name and a description
- Click edit on the newly created external connection
- Go to the switches tab
- Click Add external connection switch
- Select the and input the ports that will be used for external connections on that switch
The list should show up like this: